We were nominated for another two Leibster Awards, by Danissa the Reader, and WrittenWordWorlds – thank you so much girls for the nominations! We’ve already made a post about the Leibster Award but here are the questions we were asked to answer!
- What was the last YA contemporary you read?
Bee: Fire With Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Maddie: The Princess Diaries: Princess in Training by Meg Cabot
- What book have you most recently stopped reading before you made it to the end and not bothered to pick it back up again?
Bee: Jessie Hearts NYC by Keris Stainton
Maddie: Normally, Bee and I always finish the books we’re reading, even if we don’t think they’re too great, because it makes for an interesting review!
- Which book do you connect with the most?
Bee & Maddie: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It’s about twins, who enjoy fandoms and creative writing, so we’re very similar to Cath!
- What book or series do you want to become a movie the most?
Bee: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – the setting would be absolutely beautiful!
Maddie: Cinder by Marissa Meyer – I think it would make a great TV show, with all the different perspectives in the later books, like a sci-fi Once Upon A Time!
- What is the book or series that you’ve read the most times?
Bee: Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Maddie: Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- What is the book you’ve cried the most over?
Bee: So many. Perhaps it deserves its own post? I’ll go with Destined, the last in the Wings series.
Maddie: I cried a lot at The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak
- Do you have any books signed by the author and if so, what books are they?
Bee & Maddie: We got to meet Maria V Snyder in March, so we have the Poison Study series signed, and we’re going to a Sarah J Maas signing this month, so hopefully, Throne of Glass too!
Maddie: I bought a copy of ‘Serpent’s Shadow’ by Rick Riordan with a signature. That’s pretty cool (and unread!)
- Have you ever met any authors?
- In your opinion, what is the most underrated or under-appreciated book or series?
Bee: Clearwater Crossing by Laura Peyton Roberts, which meant so much to the both of us when we read it over the course of 2013, but I barely ever hear anything about the Finishing School series by Gail Carriger, which is blurbed by Marie Lu, so has to be good!
Maddie: The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. Everyone overlooks the Egyptians. Just because Carter isn’t Percy, doesn’t mean the books aren’t worth reading!
- What’s your thoughts on slightly damaged/visibly read books? Do you like your books to be in pristine condition or do you think books with dog-eared corners or bended spines feel more loved?
Bee & Maddie: We used to be really picky about the condition of our books, but since we started buying books from charity shops or ‘new and used’ books, we don’t care so much anymore! It’s a great way to save money, and it’s the content that matters, not the condition!
- What is the book you’ve been wanting to read for the longest amount of time but haven’t gotten around to reading yet?
Bee: Angelfall by Susan Ee. It was one of the first books I bought on my Kindle in 2012, and still haven’t read. And, since the third book is coming out soon, I really need to get on top of this series.
Maddie: Panic by Lauren Oliver. I love the Delirium series, and bought ‘Panic’ soon after I finished the trilogy, but so far, it’s just gathering pixellated dust on my Kindle.
- What book brought you in to the world of reading?
Bee & Maddie: We did a blog post on our YA Origin Story!
- If you could merge two books with different authors together, which would it be and why?
Bee & Maddie: Check out our Book Combo Tag over on our BookTube channel!
- What is the song that you usually listen to while reading a book?
Bee & Maddie: We don’t really listen to music while we read, but sometimes we’ll have our Kindles read to us, and we’ll knit.
- Who is/are your favorite author/s and why?
Bee: Morgan Matson – many, many reasons. It’s mostly due to the perfection of her character development, and the romances being so realistically constructed.
Maddie: Rick Riordan, because Percy Jackson, and Marissa Meyer, because fairy tale retellings.
- What is your favorite book genre?
Maddie: Fairy Tale
- Which book character made a huge life changing impact on you?
Bee & Maddie: Any geeky girl who embraces her intelligence! We did a video on our Top 5 Geek Girls of YA too!
- If you’re gonna write a story, which genre would it be?
Bee: Something with fairies/ a love-hate relationship/ five teens finding something.
Maddie: Something with spies/ a boarding school/ magical powers.
- What food/beverage do you usually have while reading?
Bee: Ummmm….water is my poison, and some sort of chocolatey thing. At the moment it’s left over Easter goodies.
Maddie: Cereal. Yum.
- What do you do when you’re not reading or blogging?
Bee & Maddie: Our lives are voids without those things. But, we did do a post on it.
- What or who inspired you to start a book blog?
Bee & Maddie: Ourselves! We started with our YouTube channel, and wanted a place where we could write more in-depth reviews!
- If you could tell you favorite book character something, what would it be?
Bee: Marry Roger, to Amy Curry
Maddie: At least I like you, to Lena from Delirium.