We were nominated for this award by the wonderful Kellie at Book Delights! I love the format of her reviews, and she always has excellent quotations (go and look at her review of The Heir, oh my goodness, it’s perfect.) Thank you so much for the nomination, Kellie! Now, on to the questions!
1. Answer a set of ten questions from the person who nominated you.
2. Nominate ten other bloggers and give them a set of ten questions.
Michelle @Book Adventures
Jess @The Mud and Stars Book Blog
Dani @The Book Vault
Sarah @Stacks of Sarah
Meghan @Meghan’s Blog
Tori @Stori Time
- Which genre of books do you read from the most and why?
Maddie: Looking at my Goodreads page, I seem to have read a lot of contemporaries, but that’s just because I’m a sucker for romance. But, my favourite type of books are fairy-tale related in some way!
Bee: I read a lot of contemporaries too, and although I love fantasy-historical-magical adventures, I seem to give out high star-ratings more easily for contemporaries.
- Do you like “happily ever afters” in books?
Maddie: Seeing as I adore fairy-tales, they’re pretty hard to avoid! I’m a huge fan of when things all work out in the end, as long as my ships are sailing, I’m happy.
Bee: I don’t mind unhappy endings so long as they’re not ambiguous!
- If you had a $50 USD book shop coupon, what books would you buy?
Maddie: I’d probably re-buy my favourite books in hardcover since they’re so much more expensive…or I’d chuck all my money at Alice Oseman’s next book, Radio Silence, buying five copies to share what I think will be the best book of 2016!
Bee: I’d buy a bunch of the books I’ve read from the library this year and loved, so I could have them in my own collection. For example, the Cahill Witch Chronicles! I’d also pre-order, like, ALL the things!
- Which book character (that is an animal) is your favourite?
Maddie: I don’t often come across animal characters in books, but I did like Rainbow the hippocampus in Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters.
Bee: I honestly can’t think of any animals! I guess, Buckbeak from HP 💕
- What are your thoughts on the tenth book that sits on your book shelf?
Maddie: My top shelf is full to the brim with Rick Riordan books. The tenth would be The Last Olympian, and gosh, was that amazing.
- Would you rather read a book in a language you don’t understand, or a book you absolutely detest?
Maddie: I’m pretty good at reading books I don’t enjoy, so probably that one. I don’t purposefully torture myself, but how do you know you hate a book until you read it?
Bee: Can I buy a translated copy too? If so, that one!
- What song best pairs up with the book you are currently reading?
Maddie: I’m currently re-reading Cress by Marissa Meyer and seeing as I don’t listen to a lot of music, my options are limited to mostly Taylor Swift. But, I’m going to go with the obvious and say the Tangled soundtrack, to really get those Rapunzel vibes going!
Bee: I’m currently reading Soundless by Richelle Mead, so it would be too ironic to make a playlist for it!
- Do you like it when the main character of a book has a love interest who is obviously endgame?
Maddie: Sometimes I think it’s a bit pointless if the love story is obvious. I like a little tension or push and shove between the characters, because insta-love is normally boring and reads extremely fake. But, if the characters are meant for each other, like Cinder and Kai, I have no problem whatsoever, as long as my little babies are happy.
Bee: Now, there’s ‘obviously The One’ and insta-love, as long as those two things are separate, then I’m okay with it! I think it’s pretty obvious in most YA if there’s one main guy and one main girl that they’ll get together by the end, but it’s the journey they take to get there that interests me most.
- Which book character would you like to go to Disneyland Resorts with?
Maddie: America from The Selection. I think it would be super fun to compare her princess life with the Disney ladies!
Bee: Chelsea from Wings because we’d have a whale of a time in the Disney Fairies section!
- Which book character is your favourite anti-hero?
Maddie: Ooh, I don’t normally go for the bad guy. As much as I see the appeal of Draco Malfoy, I’ve always been more of a Neville Longbottom girl, myself.
Bee: Sebastian from TMI.Our Questions!
1. What is your most anticipated book of 2016?
2. If you could swap lives with any book character, who would it be?
3. What’s your opinion of the 12th book on your shelf?
4. What book would you recommend to a new reader?
5. Do you have a favourite genre of book?
6. What was your least favourite book of the year and why?
7. Which book do you wish was turned into a movie/TV show?
8. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
9. Which author(s) do you really want to meet?
10. Do you have any bookish goals you want to complete in 2016?