This is by no means the extend of the list of our anticipated releases…mostly I had to pick the ones that had covers already, but here’s a brief list of nine of our favourites!
- Hero At The Fall by Alwyn Hamilton – The final book in one of my favourite UKYA series! I loved the first book, and the second one even more, so I have extremely high expectations for the third.
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber – We met Stephanie earlier in the year and she was absolutely delightful. The connection between the sisters in the first book is, I can assume, only going to be stronger in book two! Caraval had an excellent cliffhanger ending, so I’ve been on edge for this all year.
- State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury – I was lucky enough to read the sampler handed out at YALC, and I loved the concept. Neither of us were huge fans of the Sin Easter’s Daughter trilogy, but this sounds like a hit!
- The Curses by Laure Eve – The release date has been pushed back a few times on this sequel, so Summer’s POV is turning out to be very elusive. I loved the witchiness of The Graces, even if it wasn’t as prevalent as I expected, but River’s annoying voice kept getting in the way of my full enjoyment, so take her out of the equation and I’ve got high expectations!
- Alice Oseman and Lauren James’s 2018 books – They don’t have official titles or anything but all I know is I want them. Immediately!
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor – After the ending to Strange the Dreamer, are you kidding me? I needed this book yesterday! Even though it took me a while to get into the first book, by the end I couldn’t put it down, and now the world is build and the characters established, I don’t doubt I’ll whip through book two!
- Clean by Juno Dawson – A auto buy author if ever there was one! Maddie read the sampler from YALC and thought it was extremely promising. With a gritty realism, Clean is bound to be one of the most memorable books of 2018.
- Floored (a UKYA anthology) – seven UKYA authors got together and each took a perspective to tell one days events seven different ways, and the best bit is…you don’t know who wrote which part! So we’re going to be having a lot of fun trying to guess!
- Second Best Friend by Non Pratt – Non is quickly becoming one of our favourite authors, and her last Barrington Stoke book, Unboxed, was one of our favourites of 2017.