There are so many amazing read-a-thons happening at the end of the year to try and help you reach your GoodReads challenge, so we thought we would compile a list of the read-a-thons we plan on partaking in over the next month! There are a bunch of different challenges to make the events more fun, so hopefully we’ll be able to complete the challenges and read as many books as possible!
The first read-a-thon is the #Cramathon! It’s hosted by WhittyNovels over on YT, but is open for booktubers and bloggers alike! You can watch the video announcement to find out more about it, if you haven’t already, but it’s running from the 19th to the 21st.
1. read an audiobook or ebook
M: Where You’ll Find Me by Natasha Friend
B: The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden
2. read a bind-up
The Selection Short Stories by Kiera Cass
3. finish a series/read the last book of a series
M: Resist by Sarah Crossan
B: Into The After Light by Alexandra Bracken
4. read a book under 200 pages
We’re going to double up and us The Selection Short Stories for this too!
5. Finish a book you DNF’ed
M: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
B: Tithe by Holly Black
6. Read a graphic novel
We haven’t got any manga or graphic novels on our shelves we haven’t read yet!
7. Read 5 books total
Next is the #HolidayBookTubeAThon, part of the BookTube-A-Thon, one of the biggest read-a-thons ever! It’s hosted by the lovely Ariel Bisset, and Maddie and I were twitter hosts for the summer BTAT, so of course we’ll be joining in with the Christmas edition!
This read-a-thon happens between the 27th-29th December, and so far no challenges have been announced, so it’s just a chance to read the books you got over the holiday period!
The final read-a-thon, and it’s hosted by LeaningLights on YT, you can find the video announcement here! The TBRtakedown happens from January 4th-11th, so you can get on top of your TBR at the very beginning of the year!
1. Read a book from your most recent book haul.
M: The Next Together by Lauren James
B: Waistcoats and Weaponry by Gail Carriger
2. Read a book on your TBR Shelf that’s been there for over a year (or longest).
M: Panic by Lauren Oliver
B: Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve
3. Read a book outside your comfort zone! (Genre, content, etc).
M: The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melissa Salisbury
B: Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten
4. Read a first book in a series
M & B: Across the Universe by Beth Revis
5. Complete a series/Read a sequel in a series
This one may change, so we’ll leave it blank for now!
6. Read a FIRE color book (Fire colours such as shades of red, pink, purple, lilac, burgundy.) Lucky Colors for 2016
This one depends too!
7. Read a non-novel item: poem, verse, novella, short story, etc.
Any of the Alice Osman short stories!